Patients that suffer from poor blood flow to the arms and legs can develop ischemic ulcers easily. Ischemic ulcers are wounds that are dark red, yellow, grey, or black sores with raised edges around the wound.
They occur when inadequate blood flow results in cell death and damage to the surrounding tissue. Ischemic ulcers are typically found in the elbow, feet, and around the heels, ankles, and toes. They can be painful and uncomfortable.
People who have ischemic ulcers in the feet often experience night pains and difficulty sleeping because of the pain and discomfort.
The static Air Flotation Cushion from Roho is a product specially designed for patients suffering from existing ischemic ulcers, or who are at a high risk of skin breakdown.
It is a lightweight, portable cushion that does not require power while delivering a high level of pressure care and comfort.
It offers a therapeutic cushioning solution to patients with skin and blood flow problems. The static Air Flotation Cushion from Roho offers excellent features:
- Low friction and shear – The smooth surface ensures that the cushion is gentle on the patient’s body.
- Low surface tension – Reduces the breakdown of skin tissue and limits further damage of skin tissue.
- Flexible and interconnected air cells provide easy movement without compromising on stability.
- Passive compression – Helps reduce edema (swelling) that occurs from localized pressure on the skin and body.
- Available in various sizes to accommodate all body types.
- Comes with an included cover for convenient storage and transport.
Care and comfort are extremely important for patients suffering from ischemic ulcers or skin breakdown issues, which is why the static Air Flotation Cushion from Roho is one of the best products for them.