High-quality patient care and comfort require a good pressure care mattress. Without it, patients are prone to develop pressure ulcers or bed-related pressure sores. This can be very uncomfortable for the patient and greatly compromise the quality of their care,
This makes sense, given that most patients spend the majority of their time relaxing or recovering on beds.
This is where Foam Air Overlay Mattress provides a simple yet effective solution.
The Foam Air Mattress has a mattress overlay made from a combination of foam and air flotation. This combination is a purposeful design to maximise patient comfort and minimise bed-related pressure sores.
A central cut-out in the Foam Air Overlay Mattress allows the insertion of an air flotation section that provides a high level of pressure care to the sacral area. It ensures that the patient experiences good pressure distribution that reduces the chances of bedsores and pressure ulcers.
The air flotation section is surrounded by a foam section cubed in a balanced and uniform manner to allow additional comfort and airflow to the mattress.
The Foam Air Overlay Mattress also includes a waterproof cover for convenience and hygiene that comes with 2 sided zip to secure the mattress firmly.
The benefits and features of the Foam Overlay Mattress do not end there. Other features include:
- Static, non-alternating mattress to ensure stability.
- No pump/power is needed for the air flotation section.
- Portability for convenient transport
- Low friction and shear provide a smooth surface for added patient comfort
- Low surface tension helps reduce the breakdown of patient’s skin tissue
- Flexible and interconnected air cells provide comfort with stability
- Passive compression reduces edema (swelling) from localised pressure on the patient’s body.
The Foam Air Overlay Mattress is an excellent product. Any patient will appreciate the added comfort, stability, and relief from bed-related pressure sores that it brings.