A comfortable pressure care mattress or overlay is integral for quality patient care. It ensures that the patient’s body weight is evenly distributed and minimizes the chances of the patient developing pressure ulcers or bed-related pressure sores from long-term resting.
The pain and discomfort from these ulcers and sores can immensely reduce the quality of patient care. This is why it is important to opt for a product like Foam Air Plus Overlay.
The Foam Air Plus Overlay uses a combination of foam and air flotation sections to form a mattress overlay that is comfortable and effective in increasing the quality of patient care.
A central and foot end cut-out allows for air floatation sections to be inserted. These sections provide excellent pressure care to the sacral and heel area of the patient.
This is especially important for patients that suffer from poor blood flow or have an existing ischemic ulcer.
An ischemic ulcer is a slow-healing wound that typically develops around the heel or ankle due to poor blood flow to the feet that kills cells and damages the surrounding tissue. This type of ulcer is uncomfortable and may cause night pains that restrict sleep.
The air flotation section at the heel of the Foam Air Plus Overlay promotes blood flow and prevents night pains for patients with an ischemic ulcer.
The air flotation sections are surrounded by cubed foam for added comfort and airflow in the Foam Air Plus Overlay. The entire overlay is secured with a waterproof cover with 2 sided zip, which adds hygiene, comfort and convenience.
- The Foam Air Plus Overlay also has other features, including:
- Static, non-alternating design for stability and durability
- No pump/power is needed for the air cells.
- Portability for easy storage and transportation
- Low friction and shear for a smooth surface that is gentle on the patient’s body.
- Low surface tension helps reduce the breakdown of skin tissue
- Flexible and interconnected air cells that provide comfort without compromising on stability
- Passive compression helps reduce edema (swelling) from prolonged localized pressure.
All these features and the patient care benefits of the Foam Air Plus Overlay make it one of the best pressure care mattresses for patients.