The mattress is a very important aspect of patient care. The patient spends the vast majority of their time in bed and this means their comfort and care is constantly reliant on the quality of the mattress.
The Icon I31000 Medium Risk Static Care Mattress is one of the best mattresses for quality patient care. It has a triple-layered core that provides exceptional care for medium-risk patients.
The foam conforms to AS/NZS 4088.1 (Int):1993 and FMVSS302 & SAE T2002, which means it passes the Australian standard of care.
Its anti-microbial treatment, which is applied to the foam, maximises longevity and core micro-climate for safe long-term use.
The 3 core layers and profile stabilising sides are designed to provide the best possible care for patients. They include:
1. Visco-Grade, Upper Immersion Layer
- The upper immersion layer alleviates localised pressure points for relief from existing pressure ulcers or bedsores. It provides maximum contact with the patient for the distribution of interface pressure, which minimizes bed-related pressure sores.
- This layer has high-temperature stability to deliver consistent immersion, performance, and comfort for long-term use, even for patients with high body temperature.
- The Visco-elastic cell structure of this layer provides a low-shear surface that is gentle on the patient’s body. The upper immersion layer conforms to EPUAP, NPUAP & PPPIA Guidelines for quality and comfort at the highest standards.
2. Deluxe Grade Mid Layer
- The deluxe grade mid-layer is made with open-cell, high-quality foam that increases the stability and comfort of the Icon I31000 Medium Risk Static Care Mattress. It provides exceptional comfort and postural support for repositioning and patient care.
3. Firm Base Layer
- The firm base layer provides protection against ‘bottoming-out’ during patient transfer, repositioning, and in the inclined/fowler position. It offers comfort and firm support for patient care and repositioning the patient.
4. Profile Stabilising Sides
- The profile stabilising sides is designed to enable ease of primary patient care. It facilitates patient transfers with ease and stability, and encourages central patient positioning for the maximum care and comfort the patient can get from the Icon I31000 Medium Risk Static Care Mattress.
- It also has unique hinge points at the hip and knee areas that allow the mattress to easily conform to varied bed positions without loss of stability or increased pressure at turning points.
These core layers and profile stabilizing sides make the Icon I31000 Medium Risk Static Care Mattress an exceptional patient care mattress.
It is a product that truly makes the biggest difference in any patient’s care experience.
|EFFECTIVE SUPPORT LOADING (ESL)*||40-150kg|
|WARRANTY||foam core: 5 years**|