Pressure ulcers, pressure sores, or bedsores can be the worst part of any patient’s care experience.
They injure their skin and underlying tissue, creating an ulcer that looks and feels similar to a wound. These pressure ulcers are caused by prolonged skin pressure that comes from long periods of bed rest on mattresses that are not designed for such activity.
Pressure ulcers can diminish all other aspects of excellent patient care because patients only remember the worst parts of their experience.
Being confined to a bed is uncomfortable enough, and pressure ulcers can take that discomfort to new heights for your patients.
They will have a poor experience and regard your patient care as not being up to standard. All because their mattress caused pressure ulcers.
This is where renting a Ruby 8 Mattress & Pump can be the best and smartest solution for your patient care efforts.
It will allow your patients to have an ulcer-free rest and recovery period, which they will thank you for.
The Ruby 8 Mattress & Pump represents the benchmark in Pressure Care for patients. It is developed over years in consultation with OT’s, Patients, and Carers. The Ruby 8 Mattress & Pump has a proven track record in both prevention and the treatment of Pressure ulcers.
It is an air alternating, pressure-relieving mattress for excellence in patient care. It is specifically designed for patients who are at very high risk of developing pressure ulcers or bedsores.
With a usable height of 8-inches (203mm), the Ruby 8 Mattress and Pump offers immense comfort and protection to your patients.
Whether patients are at home, in a care home, or under your patient care, the Ruby 8 Mattress and Pump is the best option for preventing and treating pressure ulcers caused by prolonged bed rest.
The base layer of the mattress is made of static air-filled cells that provide great support and stability, while the upper cells inflate to reduce pressure on the patient’s skin and tissue.
The mattress comes with a waterproof polyurethane cover that has a multi-stretch nature to minimise friction on the patient’s skin.
The Ruby 8 Mattress is designed to replace any existing mattress and offers an easy-to-use, one-press ‘auto-firm’ feature that inflates the air cells for a stable surface.
This stability easily allows repositioning and carrying out nursing tasks for the patient.
The pump is also incredibly quiet, allowing for a comfortable, good night’s rest.
The Ruby 8 Mattress and Pump combines micro low air loss for skin ventilation and 3-1 alternation therapies for high-risk patients. It incorporates an air-inflated alternating pressure static base for bottom-out prevention with the additional feature of a battery backup in case of emergencies. The unique 8-shape air cell design offers alternation therapy and constant support during power outages or patient transportation. The top half of the air cell alternates for therapy, while the bottom half is always inflated for support.
The Ruby 8 Mattress & Pump is also very economical with its low power consumption. It is one of the best pressure care mattresses for patients at high risk of pressure areas or existing ulcers.
The Ruby 8 Mattress & Pump offers plenty of features, including:
- Micro Air Loss Technology that allows constant and equal air distribution under its vapour-permeable cover via the openings on the air cushions. This helps remove moisture from the patient’s ulcer wound and creates a dry healing environment for quick recovery.
- The Twin-Cell Design allows the top half to provide 3 to 1 alternation therapy while the bottom half offers a constant static mode for stability. Patients can lie comfortably on the inflated soft mattress even during power outages or transportation without the need for additional, costly portable pumps.
- Adjustable Comfort offers 6 levels of comfort for the different weight ranges of your patients.
- The Cycle Time is adjustable from 5 to 30 minutes, giving you more control.
- The double insulation provides a near-silent operation of the pump for a better patient care experience.
- The auto alarm offers audio and visual alarms in the event of power failure.
- The CPR Quick-Release Valve deflates the torso section of the mattress in under 30 seconds in the event of medical emergencies that require CPR.