Bariatric mattresses are heavy-duty mattresses designed for patient care and comfort. They provide comfortable positioning of the patient and minimize any bed-related pressure sores.
The Icon I38000 Bariatric Mattress provides effective care and comfort for patients in weight ranges between 120kg-280kg.
Tried and trusted in facilities nationwide, the ICON range combines outstanding durability, a high standard, consistency of care, and excellent value.
Given that the patient spends most of their time in bed, the Icon I38000 Bariatric Mattress provides the highest level of care and comfort of any mattress.
Its triple-layered core is the key to providing exceptional care and comfort for patients.
The foam conforms to AS/NZS 4088.1 (Int):1993 and FMVSS302 & SAE T2002, which means it passes the Australian standard of care.
Its anti-microbial treatment, which is applied to the foam, maximises longevity and core micro-climate for safe, long-term use.
The 3 core layers and profile stabilising sides are designed to provide the best possible care for patients. They include:
1. Visco-Grade, Upper Immersion Layer
- The upper immersion layer alleviates localised pressure points for relief from existing pressure ulcers and bedsores.
- It provides maximum contact with the patient for the distribution of interface pressure, which minimizes bed-related pressure sores.
- This layer has high-temperature stability to deliver consistent immersion, performance and comfort for long-term use, even for patients that run high body temperatures.
- The Visco-elastic cell structure of this layer provides a low-shear surface that is gentle on the patient’s body.
- The upper immersion layer conforms to EPUAP, NPUAP & PPPIA Guidelines for quality and comfort at the highest standards.
2. Deluxe Grade Mid Layer
- The deluxe grade mid-layer is made with open-cell, high-quality foam that increases the stability and comfort of the Icon I31000 Medium Risk Static Care Mattress.
- It provides exceptional comfort and postural support for repositioning and patient care.
3. Firm Base Layer
- The firm base layer provides protection against ‘bottoming-out’ during patient transfer, repositioning and in the inclined/fowler position
- It offers comfort and firm support for patient care and repositioning the patient.
4. Profile Stabilising Sides
- The profile stabilising sides is designed to enable ease of primary patient care. It facilitates patient transfers with ease and stability, and encourages central patient positioning for the maximum care and comfort the patient can get from the Icon I38000 Bariatric Mattress.
- It also has unique hinge points at the hip and knee areas that allow the mattress to easily conform to varied bed positions without loss of stability or increased pressure at turning points.
Owing to these carefully designed core layers and the profile stabilising sides, the Icon I38000 Bariatric Mattress is a product that provides exceptional patient care and comfort.
This mattress makes the biggest difference in patient care because it is the one product that the patient constantly interacts with during their care period.
|EFFECTIVE SUPPORT LOADING (ESL)*||40-150kg|
|WARRANTY||foam core: 5 years**|