The Ruby Plus Mattress & Pump offer plenty of features, including:
- Micro Air Loss Technology allows constant and equal air distribution under its vapour-permeable cover via the openings on the air cushions. This helps remove moisture from the patient’s ulcer wound and creates a dry healing environment for quick recovery.
- The Twin-Cell Design allows the top half to provide 3 to 1 alternation therapy while the bottom half offers a constant static mode for stability. Patients can lie comfortably on the inflated soft mattress even during power outages or transportation without the need for additional, costly portable pumps.
- Adjustable Comfort offers 6 levels of comfort for the different weight ranges of your patients.
- The battery backup ensures continuous operation of the mattress and the pump in case of power outages or interruptions.
- The double insulation provides a near-silent operation of the pump for a better patient care experience.
- The auto alarm offers audio and visual alarms in case of power failure.
- The CPR Quick-Release Valve deflates the torso section of the mattress in under 30 seconds in the event of medical emergencies that require CPR.
Pressure ulcers, pressure sores, or bedsores are injurious to patient skin and underlying tissue. They are caused by prolonged skin pressure that comes from long periods of bed rest.
Pressure ulcers are a constant threat to patient care because they can happen to any patient, especially high-risk patients, even when confined to their beds for a relatively short time.
They can result in a poor experience for anyone who suffers from pressure ulcers because it negates any positive aspect of patient care.
Patients typically only remember the worse parts of their experience, and pressure ulcers can have a huge negative impact on your patient care.
This is where the Ruby Plus Mattress & Pump can be highly beneficial for your practice and the effective recovery of your patients.
The Ruby Plus Mattress & Pump represents the benchmark in Pressure Care for patients. It is developed over years in consultation with OTs, patients, and carers. The Ruby Plus Mattress & Pump has a proven track record in both prevention and the treatment of Pressure ulcers.
It combines micro low air loss for skin ventilation and 3-1 alternation therapies for high-risk patients. It incorporates an air-inflated alternating pressure static base for bottom-out prevention. It also has a battery backup that can be helpful in emergencies. The unique 8-shape air cell design offers alternation therapy and constant support during power-outage or patient transportation. The top half of the air cell alternates for therapy while the bottom half is always inflated for support.
The Ruby Plus Alternating Pressure Care Mattress Pump System is also quiet and economical with its low power consumption. It is one of the best pressure care mattresses for patients at high risk of pressure areas or existing ulcers.
Customer feedback received includes:
- “We have been extremely pleased with the performance of the Ruby Mattress. We moved to the Ruby when my mother had developed some serious bedsore issues. Almost immediately we began to see improvements and today she is free of pressure sores and in much better health.” – Catherine G – Katoomba NSW.
- “As a Paraplegic with severe impediments, I have been using a Ruby Mattress for over 10 years and am today on my 3rd mattress. I would highly recommend the Ruby Mattress” – Peter A Bardwell NSW.
- “I had been using a competitor product for years and recently moved to the Ruby. Instantly I moved from interrupted sleep to a good nights sleep. Aside from the protection the Ruby delivers, the Ruby is quiet and comfortable. Adam – North Ryde NSW